Our story

“Willem de Vries Interiors “was started in 1952 by Mr Willem de Vries senior after immigrating to the Cape from Holland in 1948. During the war years he studied architecture and furniture manufacturing in both Holland and Germany. Upon landing in South Africa he worked with a leading architectural practice. In his spare time he would be commissioned by a number of well respected clients to design and later manufacture interiors. This practice gradually developed from a part time industry to a reputable and firmly established corporate identity.

Previously operating from self owned, developed and customised factory premises in one of Cape Town’s prime industrial areas, Bofors Circle, Epping Industria for 34 years the factory and offices have since 2006 relocated to a newly erected production facility at 19 Marinus Road, Montague Gardens, Milnerton, 7441, which is another family owned project. The family members from founder to offspring are still personally involved on a day to day basis ensuring quality and performance.

The new identity now known as De Vries Interiors came about when Mr Willem de Vries finally retired in 1999 at the age of 79, and the business was handed down to Mr Philip de Vries.

De Vries interiors offer an in-house design service complete with working details or drawings which are used in the manufacture of all products generated through an interactive relationship with clients needs.

The company has established itself in the market place over many years by providing a service in a vast spectrum of quality custom manufactured Residential/Domestic and Commercial, Office, Hotel, Restaurant/Retail related merchandising applications.

The design and management team consist of experienced architectural and commercial designers who work hand in hand with the industries craftsmen on an on going basis.

Presentation sketches and drawings form part of the package, provided the clients intent is to utilise the company up to completed delivery stage.

The relocation to Montague Gardens saw the expansion and birth of an additional Component Veneers upgrading, Door and Ceiling Tile division, under the banner now known as Veneers Incorporated.